11/06/2013

A Simple Model of Pilot Performance


A Simple Model of Pilot Performance
 
 
 

Last days I received some e mails from different International Airline Pilots who told me that he liked to read my safety articles on my blog. So, today I want to share my thoughts and experiences as a Pilot and also as an Aviation Accident Investigator, and perhaps you may gather something useful from my skills and understanding more Why Accidents Happen.

I truly hope you will. So, we as Pilots so often misunderstood along the way what’s happen when we hear when an airplane crashed. We asked many questions why this accident happened.

Anyway, writing give me the ideal platform and enough time to express exactly what I wish to communicate and share knowledge’s with all the Aviation Community no matter in what Country you are flying .

I believe and I’m sure the principles concepts that I should always help all people who fly and give something back to review the fatal accidents in the past, no matter how much you know about aviation and your airplane.

Since my early childhood, I always like to be a Pilot and also I was very interested why accidents happen hopefully, I can achieve that dream when I grew up and I convince that accidents can happen to any Pilot at any time no matter how many hours you are gathering in your Pilot Logboock, the most important is to maintain a good training all the time and be prepared for any emergency at any phase of the flight.

The bad things about the statistics of accidents are that people continue to crash and be killed. In last years, the Pilot was found to be a broad cause factor in 84 % of all accidents, and 90 % of all fatal accidents. So, this means that the responsibility for accidents is principally the fault of people, not the machine the fly.

On my previous articles I was stated  the most common , specific causes of the accidents , in order of frequency like : Loss of directional control, Poor Judgment , Airspeed not maintained , Poor preflight planning and decision making , Clearance not maintained , Inadvertent Stalls , Poor Crosswind handling , Poor inflight planning and decision making etc…

As you can see, practically all of these are a result of poor pilot performance, not a result of equipment malfunctions.

As you review the statistics in the last year and today , after the final accident report is completely finished , it is likely that you can noticed that there were a variety of types of errors , and we as a Pilots learned a lot of things of that accident or incident . To summarize, errors can be introduced into the decision making process what’s going on when and accident occur.

  So, sometimes the errors are caused by faulty information, sometimes by faulty interpretation of accurate information. I want to share what I read on a book regarding Human Factors concepts, to be more clearly, even if accurate information reaches the brain, the brain itself may introduce errors by ignoring useful data, by noticing data by failing to focus on all range of alternatives.

Sometimes errors can be introduced into the system by reason of external pressures that encourage the Pilot to choose a poor alternative action, and sometimes errors occur even when the correct decision has been made, because the physical or mental state of the Pilot reduces the ability to perform well.

That is one important message I hope to get across, and share with all the Aviation Community around the world who read my Safety Blog. Also I like to thanks some of those Pilots who have read my all posts so much more to be always a Safety Pilot all the time , finally thank you so much for the e mails I received , I will continue promoting Aviation Safety across the Nation .
Always remember Fly Safely!!!

 

Prevent the worst and Put safety first, because being Safe today will keep you Alive tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment